Informative and Helpful Book




  In this day and age with all the modern medicine and new or innovative alternative therapies one has to wonder how in the world do you really make yourself healthier. I have asked myself this question for years and have been on a constant search for good resources with facts and easy to follow advice to no avail. I was beginning to think that all hope was lost and that there was nothing out there that I could do to understand why in the world I was feeling so awful yet nothing really truly helped. So I finally ditched all my research efforts and just gave it a rest because as they say sometimes what you're looking for won't come to you until you stop and take a breath. 

  After a long while of giving up my search and just going about my day to day life I finally stumbled upon this wonderful book. I have to admit I was of course quite skeptical at first as to what exactly this book was going to do and if it was just yet another self help book that would end up being recycle at my local thrift shop. To my complete and utter surprise once I started reading this little gem I could not put it down. It is written by a retired lieutenant colonel from the Medical Corps in the US who is a doctor and has been practicing for over 40 years. During this time he explains in his book his various studies of many types of therapies both homeopathic and chemical from medical school and even from his childhood home village. He explains very clearly and simply why he feels that healing comes from within as much as it does from external forces we use in our day to day life. 

   I find that when I'm reading this I don't feel as if the language is too difficult to understand, even when he does explain using medical terminology, and that what he says does have very valid points. The book is based on the fact that even though we seek out chemical and medical solutions to our sicknesses that there have been multiple cases where holistic or inner healing has occurred simply because a persons belief that it will. There are even specific cases mentioned, of course no patient names or anything mentioned, of where studies were done and the person taking the placebo actually did much better than the ones using the actual medication. It's so surprising to me that this is the case because one would think that if you go to the doctor you will be healed and the medication works but in most cases if you don't believe it will or have doubts, then at times it won't. 

  I am completely surprised with this book and how well it is written and that it gives amazing tips and advice to help you to heal. I have been reading and following the advice there in for a month now and I truly feel I am on a better path. I am eternally grateful to this doctor for writing about such an amazing, and at times controversial, subject so that others can realize how they can heal themselves from the inside out and in most cases without medication. I highly recommend this amazing book to anyone who is curious about how to live healthier or is wanting to improve their life. I am very happy that I received this book to review from Blogging for Books for this review. If you would like to get more information about this book go to https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/549728/how-healing-works-by-wayne-jonas-md/ or https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/authors/2144352/wayne-jonas-md/

Comments

Popular Posts