Foundation Friday

  Today I decided to shop my stash for my foundation versus buying a replacement for my high end foundation I normally wear. I do always try to shop my stash versus purchase new because sometimes the oldies are goodies and it's always good to use up product before storing more. So as I was searching through my stash of foundations I did happen to come across one that I hadn't used in quite a while and really should start using again. 

  The foundation I chose today is from an amazing company that reproduces makeup from the 1920's through the 1950's. The company is Besame Cosmetics founded by Gabriela Hernandez in 2004. Let me tell you I am amazed at all the amazing products this company has and that it actually produces it's products the same way that they did in that era. They carry gorgeous products like brushes, setting powders, lipsticks and eye shadow palettes just to start. Now I have purchases quite a few products from them in the past and will review them later on but for today I will start with their amazing foundation. 

   So now that I've told you all about this awesome company let's dig into the actual foundation. It's called the Cashmere Foundation Stick and the color I chose is Honey and it was at a steal at only $10.00, not bad for this gorgeous vintage product. Now I do have to say I was a bit worried at first because I tried stick foundations before and since I am so very oily they always clump up and get stuck in my pores which accentuates them instead of hides them, ughh. Anyhow, I decided to give it a shot because I loved the other products I bought from them and really loved the packaging. 


   I am so so glad that I did give it a chance because it ended up being one of the best stick foundations I ever tried! It goes on so smooth and is very build-able so you can get anything from natural to full coverage with very little product use. The formula is matte, feather light, fragrance free, paraben free, vegan, non-comedogenic and made in the USA, which is another reason I love this company so much. The formula also glides over your skin very easily so it doesn't tug or pull at your skin like some other sticks I've used before. Since it's a matte formula it really helps control my shine as the cream from the stick dries to a nice powdery feeling formula which let's my skin breathe throughout the day. Needless to say I am very pleased with how this thing works and will now be using this as my go to daily foundation for work and the other high end for nights out or special occasions. 


  I also really love the gorgeous packaging on this foundation stick because I love the color gold to begin with when it comes to cosmetic packaging. Also I love that it has gorgeous little flower and vine designs all over the case with the company name embossed on the inside of the foundation stick. This foundation is not only functional but it is a thing of classic beauty that will add a touch of vintage elegance and class to anyone's vanity room. I highly recommend you check out their site and their products, you won't be disappointed. Here is the link to their site if you would like to take a look besamecosmetics.com.

Comments

  1. What a cool idea to make new, vintage lol
    Going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts